Baby insurance

Hi, to mummies for those who recently gave birth and did not purchase any maternity to baby insurance plan. If baby has jaundice before we get insurance for him/ her, can we pay with CDA or MediShield? I’m asking as I am not eligible for mum to baby insurance plan which can cover the baby from birth. Without the plan, my husband and I are worried about the medical bill if baby gets admitted to hospital for jaundice, as our finances are tight. We’re gonna be first time parents and I’ve heard a lot stories about babies getting jaundice which is very common. So we want to be able to calculate our finances and manage it in case of such a situation. Appreciate if mummies who have encountered this, can share more? Thank you!

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Jaundice will be just awhile and they will ask you to check at the polyclinic/hospital after a few days discharge from hospital. Unless, your baby's jaundice is high then you will be required to come back or seek treatment for follow up. Mostly it wont take long for jaundice to be low. If you have financial tights, you can always seek help from financial counsellor at poly. What I know CDA can pay all the approved clinics as well as educations.

Read more