pacifier for babies

For parents who introduce pacifier, why? Also what are health risk for using pacifier and which month is the best to introduce pacifier without causing health risk for baby? Does pacifier lead to sleep association and does this affect parents alot? How do you tell baby needs pacifier vs need milk?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I introduce pacifier for several reasons. 1) For Self-soothing. Giving her some alone time. Usually does this when my 9 weeks old is in her car seat while we travel. Allowing her to view scenery herself without any disturbance from us. 2) Sleepy. When my girl becomes sleepy and was cranky because she needed some coaxing, I will give the Pacifier while coaxing her to sleep so she'll fall asleep faster and deeper sleep. 3) Not time yet for 2nd round of milk. Sometimes to prevent reflux issues, I will usually give milk at least 2 hours each feeding. But sometimes she might want milk at 1h30mins. Which I will give her pacifier until it hits 2 hours at least then I will give her the milk. So far my girl don't really wants Pacifier unless she needed comfort from sucking. Otherwise she will gag and wanted to puke or cry whenever I stuff the Pacifier in her mouth without her needing one. So far I never hear got any health risk before. So probably just provide whenever your baby needs comfort. But don't make it habit to give regularly.

Read more