Pacifier

How early can we introduce pacifier to baby?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Most experts recommend waiting until about the four-week mark before offering your baby a pacifier. There is a concern that introducing a pacifier too soon could interfere with an infant's breastfeeding latch, cause nipple confusion, or even cause a mother's milk supply to drop because the baby is sucking at the breast less.

Read more

It really depends on your baby. Because mine never wanted the pacifier after 1 month. And my thinking was I should have introduced it earlier. but some babies take it with no issue.

Super Mum

Hi mummy, try to wait for one month so that baby can get use to latching first. Otherwise might cause nipple confusion.

Whenever your baby needs to be soothed, usually go according to the age recommendation on the pacifier purchased

VIP Member

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/how-and-when-to-wean-from-pacifiers

Super Mum

If you are breastfeeding, best to wait for a month before giving baby the pacifier.

Best to wait till at least a month, based on guidelines I found on a medical site.

As early as you want. I've seen some people giving as early as days old

TapFluencer

After you baby has started breastfeeding without any issues

Introduce at 3 weeks old and baby self quit at 6months old