pacifier for babies

For parents who introduce pacifier, why? Also what are health risk for using pacifier and which month is the best to introduce pacifier without causing health risk for baby? Does pacifier lead to sleep association and does this affect parents alot? How do you tell baby needs pacifier vs need milk?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i heard alot of uneven tooth using pacifier. from. experience, me and my lil bro didn't use pacifier (we didnt like it as a baby). i have straight teeth while my bro has uneven. i think it depends. its up to your preference. i gave my girl early at few days old as she cries alot due to poor latch. and i want to prevent her from taking more air in from crying. so far shes 1mo+ now, she still uses pacifier from time to time but not so dependent on it. i dont latch her so its for her comfort. once shes half asleep, she'll just spit it out. and for me to know if she wants pacifier or milk, i usually distinguish her mouth sounds like clicking(?) sound. from what i noticed, she don't cry for pacifier. it's just i put in her mouth for her to wait for her milk and prevent excessive crying. and when shes crying and i cant soothe her, pacifier helps calm her for a bit for me to adjust and think wtv i need to do

Read more