Parents who decided not to get a yaya, why did you decide to do it and how did/do you manage the set-up?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I live with my husband and our 2y/o daughter. We decided not to have a helper or a yaya kasi gusto namin hands on kami. Sa una akala namin madali, pero super hirap pala. Buti stay at home mom ako. And yes lahat ng house chores mula pagluluto, laba, linis bahay. As in. Pero pinakamhirap mag alaga ng baby plus ang mag asikaso ng asawa. Pero yun ding dalawa na yun ang pinakamasarap, maganda sa pakiramdam yung mga nagiging benefits, like super close kami tatlo and natututukan ko yung paglaki ng baby namin. Madami ako natutunan. Natuto akong magluto, na sa umpisa puro palpak. Thanks God at super responsible ng husband ko. And plus helpful. Now sya naka toka sa paglalaba. The rest sakin na. Sarap sa feeling napagsisilbihan husband and anak mo. Araw araw madaming ngyayari. Nakakapagod oo, pero sobrang worth it. Sobrang fulfilling lang! And i feel so loved. Pero importante ok kayong mag asawa sa kung anong desisyon ang mapag usapan nyo. Kung ano mas makakabuti, go!

Magbasa pa

We had a yaya when my baby was born because I and hubby were both working. Because we're not always home because of work, we decided to have my baby and the yaya stay with my parents para may supervision. As he was growing up, andami ko na-miss and I noticed na mas preferred na ni baby ang yaya (he calls her mama). That's why when he turned 2, I decided to quit and be a full-time mom. At that point, sakin na talaga everything - from the kid to all the chores. Mahirap, super tiring pero very fulfilling na at the end of the day ako ang gustong katabi ng anak ko than somebody else. I do miss working but I will only go back once my kid is ready.

Magbasa pa

I decided not to get a yaya primarily because I want to be a hands-on mom to my baby. I want to see all his milestones and be there whenever he needs me. His dad lives in another country and we decided it's best if I stay for him just so I could properly fill in what lacks. News also got me scared of what can happen. Another thing that's an advantage for me is that I get to make this entire thing a practice. When we migrate to US soon, everything will be different. No nannies, no other relatives to handle house chores. It will be on us, so I think this is a good training ground.

Magbasa pa

It's our choice not to get a yaya even if we have 2 kids simply because we want to be hands on parents. My husband and I quit our job and just looked for an opportunity online so we could look after the kids. We are not comfortable at all letting someone take care of them. It's a personal preference. It's overwhelming because we have to take care of the chores, the kids and our clients all at the same time. But we are able to manage this kind of set up for more than 2 years now.

Magbasa pa

Its been 5yrs since we had yaya or helper. Its hard and very challenging but we survived. We divide all major tasks among us (adult, including my 17yr old daughter) then our 2 kids (7 and 3) are helping us with minor task like folding clothes, cleaning the house, packing their toys, etc. We are lucky because we bring them to our work before and now we are both home based. Its hard to get trusted yaya/helper now and i think sanay na kami walang kasama sa bahay. Less gastos pa.

Magbasa pa

I have a friend who decided not to get a yaya anymore thinking it would be an added cost. She went back to work few months after she gave birth to her now 2-year old daughter. She has the advantage however compared to other moms because her mother is always at home to take over her duties. Her husband might not be around due to being an overseas worker, it still became manageable for her. Added benefit is that she is confident that her daughter is in good hands.

Magbasa pa

Im a working mom but we decided not to get yaya , maybe because aside from less expenses i really want to nurture my child own my own . What I did was since my mom is with in the area only i ask her favor to attain my child when im at work .By the way my husband is a seaman so most of the time his away . Though its hard at first because certain adjustments should be applied but at the end of the day its really fulling .

Magbasa pa
8y ago

You are right sheri :) Just manage your time i know you can do it , just think about your kids as motivation :)

I personally don't want a yaya for my 2 kids. Honestly, it's so difficult for me everyday especially during weekdays as I also work home based. My husband has also decided to work from home and he does most of the chores, and I do the babysitting. I only get to sleep around 3-4 hours a day. Sometimes 2 hours as I also have to allot time for play after my work.

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

Planning with a room for adjustment. My friends purposely didnt get a yaya for so many practical reasons. One would be financial, second is that they wanted to be hands on with taking care of their baby most especially that it is their first. The wife decided to do a part time work but at home and the husband does the night shift of taking care of the baby.

Magbasa pa

I want to be hands on with my kid that's why I didn't get a yaya. Aside from that, the amount allotted for the yaya was now added as my daughter's savings. I do all the household chores early in the morning while my daughter is still sleeping. Then I focus on taking care of her the entire day.