Hi Parents, how do you deal with OA or exaggerated remarks from other parents? For instance, food preference or lifestyle choice? I came across several parenting remarks that are so irrelevant in the whole well being of my children. You know the "I know everything kind of parent".

5 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I simply don't argue with them. If they are expressing their opinions/ remarks on parenting I politely say "Okay, thanks for your opinion. But I don't think that applies to my own parenting style" How you will strike them would simply express what's your feelings towards what they share. And for me the best thing is you stand on what you believe is true and correct as at the end of the day it's you who put hands on your children. Also, I'm the kind who don't put exaggerated comments towards other parents I mean you can, but not OA or "sobra" - you don't have to. We run our own lives :)

Magbasa pa

My principle is you get the good and forget the bad. The intention behind the advice is always to help you out and you have to appreciate that but its up to you which advice you will keep.

I just smile and say thanks. It's useless to argue with them. If they said something that I find useful, then I apply it. If none, I just ignore everything they said.

Sometimes they go beyond on details like explaning to you whatever they read on google. Hilarious!

ignore. just say thanks for the input.