newborn

Normal for newborn to projectile vomit after a feed? Tried burping him afterwards but nothing came out. Immediately after he vomited, he still wants milk. I'm worried. He's only 2 weeks old

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

sometimes the mouth searching for food doesn't mean she wants to eat but probably she still have air inside, my daughter is like that, but u can see if she had enough milk or not, cos in the end overfeeding is not good especially when she will be sleeping after that, I normally put her head abit higher after feeding, so the chance of milk coming out again and choke is lower

Read more

It is normal. My LO has a series of projectile vomit if we didn't burp him during his first 6 mobths. Sometimes he will regurgitate after his whole feed. What we did then was to feed him a little, burp him and continue. It will get better as time goes. Don't worry! But do see the PD if your LO is not gaining weight or if there's blood in his vomit.

Read more

my lo was like that when she was only 2days old!! it was scary but doctor told me my baby just needs to be burped for a longer time and i shldnt stop patting her until she burps!!! and ever since my lo didnt vomit

Super Mum

Spit ups are common but projectile vomit could be a sign of reflux. If he does it more than 3 times a day it's pretty serious. Either way you can mention it to PD to get advice and medication if necessary.

5y ago

He keeps on vomiting an hour after a feed, 3 times already. Im not sure if that's normal. And he vomit out a fair amout, probably around 10mls

Babies tummies are not fully developed yet, and some need more time and care till tummies fully developed usually from 6mo onwards should be alright

Hi, It is normal as babies develop their stomach capacity gradually. But just to be sure, please visit the PD as well

VIP Member

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/burp-baby-right-way

VIP Member

It's normal but if he's not drinking then you need to consult a pd

Quite normal. Maybe feed halfway try burping then feed again

VIP Member

Mine had it once. If its frequent, I would bring to PD.