Baby vomiting out milk constantly

Whats the possible reasons baby vomited out milk? Either minutes or an hour after milk or while feeding. Baby on full formula, 80ml for 1 month old, using lactogen 1 since birth @ KKH & using avent natural 0 teat. Recently past few days or a week he has been vomiting out milk back. Not just spitting but vomit. He’s pooping fine, always fart, he’s always burped, stomach is not hard, and still gaining weight. I assume. As he’s weighing 4.4kg. Any reason why he could be doing this? No fever whatsoever. previously we tried to decrease the milk intake to 60ml or lower but still the same, and if we decrease he would still cry for milk and show hungry cues. Even when now feeding 80ml sometimes he’s still hungry and not full. Yet always vomit out. His next doc appt is only next week. #FTM

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You may raise this concern upon doc appt. I have no specific explanation neither advice but my second born milk vomit/spit on the early stage of the month like you. For a good first two months if she drink FM/BM she will vomit/spit milk. After which at 3 months she starts to reduce to being none. I notice this change after a while. I did ask doctor/nurse but no clear explanation, as long as they don't dehydrate neither lost weight. And we do tummy time or burp in different ways/feed in different ways to lessen milk vomit/spit.

Read more

80ml sounds alright for 1 month old. Sounds like reflux. Try not to sit him up too quickly after a feed. Maintain 45deg for about 3 mins then sit him up for 20 mins burping. If this still doesn’t work, check with Pd if it’s milk allergy or any other reason.