Newborn

Hi my newborn is ard 2weeks old. She is cranky, start to cry for no reason while she is sleeping, even when the Diapers is clean and just fed her less than half hour ago. We tried using medicated oil and eucalyptus oil daily on her, it works for awhile and the problem comes back again till she rarely sleep over 2hrs at a go throughout the night. Only during daytime then she can sleep 3hrs n more. And we noticed when she sleep, she will make noises here and there, grunt or cry one time and sleep back again but hands and legs still move occasionally. We sent her for newborn screening at day 10 but was told everything was okay with her. Any advise what's going on or ways to calm the baby more? Now we are trying Colic drops as well

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Hi your baby is 2 weeks old so generally they will wake up about 2 to 3hrly (4 if u are lucky) for milk. Best to check your room temperature, not to warm or too cold and swaddle them. Because they still haven't get used to the world, thinking that they are in mummy's tummy. Don't let them cry too long also as it will introduce air to their tummy - colic. Things will get better once baby are more aware. All the best!

Read more
5y ago

All the best. Slowly you will get a hang of it :)

VIP Member

Baby’s Temperature is ok? Please do check Colic too. How’s the poo? Air con shouldn’t be too cold. Infant may feel scared be alone at times. Placed a small pillow on baby’s stomach. Off the lights , on smooth music. Carry awhile and put down again.

Read more
5y ago

Last night feed her Colic drops. She was better. Slept 3-4hrs and wake up herself for feeding time which was good for my wife and me to able to take longer rest lol.

Super Mum

Swaddle the baby. She needs safety and security. It is her 4th trimester where she is still adjusting to the big world ard her

5y ago

Always Swaddle her ah. But still cry.

VIP Member
5y ago

Thanks will read through

Hi personally I have always bought relaxation essential oil/balm for babies. You can try inara organics or kidzparadize there's many more brands.

5y ago

Thanks for the suggestion