8 months old not sleeping at night

My little one have always been a bad sleeper but after her 6 months sleep regression is gone from bad to worse. Now we harder get a good night sleep cause she refuses to sleep at night. Her bed time used to be 7-8pm then it became 10pm then 12am and now she is sleeping at 4am every night and we are literally going crazy. Even tho we try to wake her up by 9am and reduce her naps she still wakes up in the middle of the night super hyper and playing. And it’s not like she is not doing a lot in the day she is very active in the day as well. We tried letting her last wake window be between 3-4 hrs then put her to bed at 10pm but she will still cry and wakes up by 12-1am and plays till 4am to sleep. On some says she sleeps all the way to 12pm and we can’t even wake her up early as she will get angry and cry. She is underweight as well and i suspect her poor sleep might be a factor too. Other than her poor night sleep, she is a very happy baby and reaching all her milestones. But we are not happy, the lack of sleep is driving us insane. Any advice?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My lo was like this once, her sleeping time was 3-5am till 2-3pm next day (she won’t wake up even when you ping pong piang beside her). What I did was once bedtime, everyone in the room and cannot leave anymore (I realize when we leave the room, she will wake up halfway). When she starts to whine, I’ll just pop the milk bottle straight then ignore her and pretend to sleep. She’ll still attempt to wake us up/play on her own but once she sees no one is bothering her, she usually falls back asleep within the next 30mins. I drag her up at 7am then let her nap at 12pm - 1:30pm (max 2pm) then she will stay awake all the way till 8/9pm then repeat the top again. Around 6-7pm she will usually struggle wanting to sleep but I’ll just grab her to shower or offer snacks to keep her awake else she will wake up at 12/1am 😖. Slowly when she gets used to the sleep routine then you slowly adjust to your preferred timings. It took my LO 3 weeks to get used to this btw, definitely not an overnight thing. My LO is underweight like yours, hitting all her milestones too just sleeping abit haywired 😅.

Read more

Likely to be another sleep regression period. Teething and separation anxiety are also a possibility. Try your best to keep to a fixed routine as well, don't let your baby be too overtired or overstimulated and eventually this period will pass.

TapFluencer