Wondering How to Give Your Child the Best Asthma Care?

Dr. Azam is here to ease your concerns! Post your questions in the comments below anytime between Sept 25th - Sept 29th and let's ensure your child's asthma is well-managed. Please note that Dr. Azam will answer your questions by the 9th of Oct. Watch this space for the answers! MY-12557_SEP2023

Wondering How to Give Your Child the Best Asthma Care?
25 Balas
 profile icon
Tulis jawapan

I noticed that my 3-year-old has been coughing and wheezing quite bit lately, especially at night. Is this only cold due to AC or is it more serius?

5mo ago

If a child coughs or wheezes frequently, it's worth considering whether their airways might be sensitive. Here's the thing: if someone's airways aren't sensitive, they can enter a cold room without coughing. But if the airways are sensitive, even a normal environment at school can trigger coughing because the lungs react to the surroundings, causing coughing in response to the sensitive airway. So, if a child is noted to cough more, especially at night or in air-conditioned environments, it signals a sensitive airway, suggesting a higher likelihood of asthma. Recognizing these patterns is crucial in identifying potential asthma in a child.