My husband’s six-year-old daughter from previous marriage has not accepted me even after one year of marriage. Any tips to make her open up to me?

6 Replies
True above, treat her as a friend don't make think you are a stepmother. let her know you are stepping into her life to love her.
She must be having vivid memories of her mom if she has lived with her. And if not even then you area new entry to the home. Probably she must have become insecure. Till now she was the sole person wh
..more
Be a friend first before you try to become a 'mom'. This will take time especially if she's close to her real mom. Be patient. Don't force it. Try to get involved in activities that interest her.
..more
Step children often feel confused about new family relationship so give yourselves more time and patience. Research shows that children under the age of five will bond with a stepparent within one to
..more
Communication is the key. Talk to her and find out why? Or could it be that she felt threaten and the fear of losing her dad? I think the need to reassure her that you are now part of the family
..more