My husband wants to move out of my parents house as he does not get along with my mother, but I want to stay with my parents. What should I do? He had agreed to stay with us but now he is not..

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

That's quite a sticky situation that you've put yourself in dear. Ideally you should let him go and perhaps accompany him too as it is time you guys get some privacy and a life of your own. I understand that it could be difficult moving out of your parents home, especially in India, but if you try to convince them, they will agree. In return you can keep visiting them every now and then. However, if you really want to take care of your parents and stay with them, then you would have to convince your husband, but lovingly. You cannot force your decision on him. Try and give him your reasons and may be he would agree. All the best

Read more

he already put his man ego down and moved in to stay with your family but he cannot get along with the in-laws... put yourself in his shoes and imagine if today you are staying in his house and you cannot get along with his mother and you wanna move out... would you want your husband to move out with you? or if he don't wanna move out and insisted to stay on will you be happy? if you wanna move out so does you hubby, staying together with elders are not easy the more is for a man to stay in his wife parents house

Read more

I'm not sure whether his parents are still alive or not, if alive, can you get along with them? If you were to stay with his parents, can you endure like how he do? Stand in his shoe and feel so you can be fair to him too. It's not easy to stay with other people parents, especially he is a guy. Before agree, he haven't try yet, so he didn't know what will happen. And i guess it's really up to his limit before he quarrel with u more that why he say it out.

Read more

I must say that ur hb is gd! He puts down his man's ego to move into ur parents house. Nor many men are able to do that. Personally tried staying with my pil n I hate it! It is not easy to stay together with pil 相处容易,同住难。 if u understand Chinese, it means mixing together is easy but staying together is difficult. Moving out means that both of u have more personal time together which might be a good thing. Y not ?

Read more

As a family, i guess everyone can sit down and have a talk to address the issues. Otherwise you may ask him whats the issue and find a time to talk about it with your mom. Try to work things out. Alternatively, move out to somewhere near. So its easy for you to go back home. And he still has his own space.

Read more

why dont you move out to a place that is not too far, so that you can still meet your parents when you want? imagine yourself in the situation, if you were in his place and wanted to move out, wouldn't you too have looked for a place of your own and some privacy?

is it possible to come to a compromise? move out but find a place withing walking distance to ur parents' place? this way, no parties need to b upset

definitely move out....