My wife wants to move out of my parents house as she does not get along with my mother, but I want to stay with my parents. What should I do?

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This is definitely a tough situation for you. May I ask, your reason/s for wanting to stay? If it's financial, you have to tell your wife openly your concern. Do tell her that you don't have the financial freedom just yet to be on your own. Believe me, if you talk it over to her heart-to-heart she will understand. As long as you assure her that you will find your own place as soon as you can, then she'll take it with open arms. However, if you have reasons other than money, still talk to her. Honesty and sincerity matter here. Whatever your reason is and decision will be, remember your marriage and your wife are your top priorities. Good luck. :)

Read more

After marriage you and your wife are a team 😊talk to your spouse find out what is the issue she is facing with your parents and address those issues with your parents, still if it doesn't work better to stay away in different house in near distance so the relationship does not spoil more ..else you will get scolding from both the sides

Read more

if your wife and mom don't get along well, it will eventually stress you out and create a not so happy situation at home. i think you can move out to a place that is closer to where your parents live, so that you can meet them whenever you want. gets you privacy, parent time as well as peace of mind

Read more

Pls be independent. You are married man. Not a young child any more. Be a true husband to your wife. Don't be childish. Go find another house. Just you n your wife in there. Stay in different houses from your parents, doesn't mean you can't visit them.

Move out for your wife’s sake.Been there before and it was not easy and it also caused my first marriage down the drain.You can only have one queen in a castle..Be man enough!

Magbukod na kayo mahirap ang nakasulok. Saka lalake ka dpat lang na ikaw yung magdecide na mgkaroon ng sarili. Asawa mo lng ang mahihirapan ikaw hnde kase nasa sarili ka wla ka pinakikisamahan.

Respect her decision.... Rent an apartment if you can afford it and live together with your wife..... You shouldn't have married her if you are not ready to leave your parents house

Please listen to wife! She'll be stress if she keep staying with your parents. Understand that it's difficult staying with in laws who can't get along

marriage is sacrifice. If she can leave her parents to start life with you so can you.

VIP Member

Do you want a divorce? You have to choose between your mother or your wife le lor