My daughter is 5 months old and my husband has not bonded with her at all. After six years of marriage, he feels like our relationship is gone because of the baby. He tells me he's not ready to be a father, and he seems very depressed. I've told him he needs to get help or I'll leave. What else can I do? Please help.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Agree with the mummies above. Why are you considering leaving? It's not like he is ignoring you & the baby nor is he having an affair. As a wife, I feel that you should be supporting him rather than threathening him since you said he looks depressed. If he says that he has bonded with your daughter, get him involve with your daughter more frequently during each activity that you do such as bathing, feeding and play time. Or, you could follow the concept of the Korean Reality TV show "Return of the Superman". Leave your daughter with your husband and you go out to relax. It will help the bonding, and Lee Hwi Jae even admitted that it was only after he was alone with his twins did he actually bonded with his sons.

Read more