sick mum

hi mums, if u r unwell, but feed via direct latch, how do u do it? worried baby gets sick too.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I wear a mask and wash my hands before handling my baby. If I have to blow my nose while baby is latched, I clean my hands with a hand sanitizer immediately after (I keep one bottle beside me), and throw the tissue away. Been sick a few times the past 6 months, but baby has never fallen sick so far

VIP Member

If you are worried, you can wear a mask when latching. Try to keep your hands clean when touching baby. Avoid prolonged contact if possible until you recover.

thanks all, the thing is i’m unable to get any masks as always sold out. online is so expensive, it’s ripping people off!

Don't worry they have antibodies in the milk. Won't get sick. All the more you should feed? Mask yourself well and hygiene

VIP Member

I have stuffy nose and still breastfeeding my son. He seemed very healthy. I guess bm helps his immunity.☺️

Super Mum

You should latch even more often, breast milk contains antibodies so baby will not get sick don't worry!

Previously, I having flu and slight sore throat. I still breastfeed and my baby is perfectly healthy.

just ensure for yourself, wear a mask and wash your hand before and after handling your baby..

TapFluencer

I just did it normally. Baby didn't get sick when I'm down with cold.

Super Mum

Use the handkerchief cover your nose and mouth when feeding