Is it okay to breastfeed (direct latch) baby when I'm sick? I feel like I'm coming down with the flu :(

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes you can still continue to latch and it is even more beneficial to breastfeed while you are sick as you pass the antibodies to your baby through breastmilk. In case your baby catch your virus, he/she has the antibodies to fight the illness. However, remember to wear mask while latching. Wash and sanitise your hands as often as possible before handling your baby.

Read more

Yes you should, and even more so when you're sick! Your antibodies get passed on but don't pass the virus ya. Wear your mask and wash your hands and don't sneeze or cough near baby as much as you can. Sanitize if possible. Have lots of water and lots of rest!

Definitely, yes. You just put on a mask so the baby won't catch the virus. The sickness will not be passed on to your child through breastfeeding. And if ever the baby gets sick, he will have antibodies to fight it because of the milk he's getting from you.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-1315)

yes! it's better to breast feed baby when you're sick, cause your body will produce the antibodies to protect your baby from the virus. I breast feed my girl when I'm having high fever @ 39, and my girl is fine. 😃

Wow, I'm a dad and I don't have any knowledge regarding this breastfeeding-related issue. I never knew that it's better to breastfeed when sick. Thank you for the new knowledge, mommies. :)

thanks