how much weight are you supposed to gain?

Hi mummies! I've entered 2nd trimester and now gaining alot of weight. I used to weigh 58kg before pregnancy, 50kg in my 1st trimester (the nausea and vomiting was really bad, and I had no appetite), and now I weigh 55kg in my 2nd trimester because I'm eating more frequently. Is such weight fluctuations bad? And how much weight do u gain throughout pregnancy?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

20weeks & I gain 4kgs. Trying to maintain the average weight gain of 10-13kgs for my whole pregnancy. I used the link below to monitor :) https://www.calculator.net/pregnancy-weight-gain-calculator.html

Week 31 and gained 8kg.. u can use the pregnancy weight gain calculator online..they will show how much is healthy weight gain as different people has different pregnancy weight n height.

VIP Member

On average 7 to 10 kg weight gain during the whole pregnancy but again it depends on individual. If ur gynae has no issue with your weight gain amount then it’s fine. :)

VIP Member

I gained almost 11kg from the 2nd trimester 🤦🏼‍♀️ gynae checked and said it’s fine. I guess it varies between individuals

Super Mum

The gynae told me as long as baby is growing well then its ok

VIP Member

I am 16 weeks but only gain 1kg. I am worried as well :/

Super Mum

As long as your gynae has no issue, should be ok

39th week today and gained 8kg so far

VIP Member

Usually 11-15kg for a normal BMI

Week 34 now and gain about 4 kg.