Weight gain in 3rd trimester

Hi everyone! I was 58kg before pregnancy, gain about 6kg in my 1st and 2nd trimester. I'm into week 31 now and i realise this few days, I've been gaining about half a kg each day. Is this normal or am i gaining too much weight?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi! I had a discussion about this with my doctor. on average, women gain around 10-15kg in pregnancy. I'm also 31 weeks now, and my doctor thinks I've gained too much (10kg), but mainly because she thinks my baby is above average weight for the gestational age. so even though 10kg gain is average, the concerning part is my weight gain is causing baby to gain too much weight. in the third trimester, baby is growing very fast, so could be the additional weight you are gaining daily. speak to your doctor about it, if your baby is growing at normal rate and you have no risks/complications, then the weight gain is fine. it will then be more of how much weight to lose after you give birth if it bothers you 😅

Read more

Gained about 8kg by end of 2nd trimester. Now at 33 week, I’ve put on 1-2kg. Doctor say it is fine because my baby is still at average weight. So don’t worry too much 😊

Read more