Helper handphone usage policy

Mummies with helper taking of newborn, do you let your helper keep/use handphones?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes. I, myself couldn’t last a full day looking after my girl and not getting bored. So I can only imagine how depressing it can be taking care of a baby, 12 hrs a day, from M - F. Of course, I tell her to use minimally and responsibly.

VIP Member

It really depends on comfort level of both the helper and employer. I let my helpers keep and use handphones but I do remind them to not use hp when they have to attend to the child. Cannot be one hand carry/feed baby, other hand use hp.

I won’t mind if they watch TV at home sometimes while taking care of baby if it’s really boring. But not using HP as very easy to get distracted especially if they are constant chatting with someone. But during rest time ok

VIP Member

Better to set limits, eg only use on off day...otherwise their mind is not focused. There are helpers who are disciplined and know when to use hp but rare...

VIP Member

I think as long as your helper's main focus is on your baby and she doesn't get distracted or hold on to her phone, it's fine

No.We will keep her phone and then night time take out for her and just limit her to play for one hour.

Yes but my helper understands limited hp usage during the day..

Super Mum

When helper use phone the baby attract to it also

VIP Member

Depends on your comfort level.

VIP Member

Nope. Only their bedtime