Helper or in law??

Do you guys prefer helper or mother in law to help with taking care of baby?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have a 2yo toddler & and upcoming baby soon in Oct. And both my husband and I work shifts. Initially we decided to put our baby in ifc but then it's difficult to juggle esp when one gotta rush from work to fetch by 7pm. So we have decided to engage a helper. We won't allow her to use phone and will have cams in the house. Also, training her on the chores. Most imptly, must let her know we are firm. Work is work and they come here to work. I tho prefer those that have not come SG so they don't have friend connections. At least they'll behave. I think when they come over, ground rules must be laid.

Read more

For me if can avoid mil, avoid at all means cause cnfrm will clash and more stress. 🫢 and theyll stress you more on how to take care of baby using their old times techniques. Unless your mil is the modern type

both also no no. look at helper nowadays, how much time they spend on the phone. in Law will have conflict, too, unless you are ready to close one eye. try explore the way to have a flexible work schedule and send baby to IFC.

Read more
7mo ago

I gave up my career and be stay-at-home mom 🙃 send my girl to Playgroup when she turns 18 months. explore online opportunities since then, and I'm now an online business owner. Work around my children's schedule 😉