14 Replies

Working as a nurse, I saw please don't cheat the test. Just eat what you like or need to and just go with a positive mind. The problem is when you try to control your diet and all yes it will good during the test but what about after your done? As a phrase goes "No point being a Saint today if your going to be the devil tomorrow onwards". No matter what the results just understand it is just to protect your baby and you. Don't pass it a day only be at risk tomorrow.

Late better than never start. I have a sweet tooth. Always craving for chocolates when I was pregnant. One month before my appointment, I started to eat everything in moderation. My advice for you now is drink more plain water, hopefully it helps to clear away the excess sugar you have in your body. In the event if you passed the test, please continue to eat & drink well too.

Fortunately for me, i didnt have GD despite only drinking milo and ribena cus i wasnt able to keep down plain water. And my diet wasnt exactly the healthiest due to my morning sickness. Guess it really depends on our own body and the insulin thingy, not very sure about that. Nevertheless, its always good to minimise sweet drinks etc as a prevention for GD i guess.

Mine’s on the 30th! And just like you, I’m worried too! I started cutting down on sweet stuff about a month ago but who are we kidding? It’s sooo tough! I even had colleagues who watch out for what I drink at work 😅 Whatever the result will be, just accept it and follow doctor’s advice. There’s nothing much we can do, I guess. Good luck!

I didn’t went on strict diet. I was terribly scared at first. even the day before my glucose test i still drink bubble tea 25% less sugar. but i jug down lots of water after that. i dunno if i can consider myself lucky. but really thank goodness the results was okay.

VIP Member

not sure hahahaha ive been trying so hard to control my diet in my first preg and yet i still have GD. so for my second preg, no hope already cause confirm have and yes i do hahahha haisss

No use do anything during the last few days. If you have no problem during ur yearly medical checkup. Should not be a problem even if you eat durian or drink sweet drink

VIP Member

I think it should be maintained throughout pregnancy and not just because of the test. Reducing sugar is always a good thing

I don’t think controlling diet works. It’s ur body ability to produce insulin to breakdown the glucose.

Control your food intake for sweet stuff and food that are starchy

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles