confinement

hi mummies! just want to know if anyone here drinks plain water daily during confinement? it is ok to drink right? and also wearing short sleeves shirt & shorts(with fan on but doesn't blow directly at me)instead of long sleeves😂

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I didn’t really follow the confinement rules (I think I’m a rebel). I drank both water and red date tea. If I don’t drink water, no breastmilk to feed my baby 😅 drinking only red date tea also too heaty for me and gave me a sore throat and cough. I took 2 showers every day (morning and night) and washed my hair twice daily because the weather is so insanely hot and also because I’m direct latching my baby so I’ve got to keep my body clean and dry. I shower with the herbal water in the day and warm water at night but I always dry my hair thoroughly after that. After showering with the herbal water, I’d rinse it off because the herbal water gave me an allergic rash 🤷🏻‍♀️ I wore my husband’s army PT kit because how not to, weather so hot! I turn on the aircon at night. I still sit in front of the fan directly because I’m always so sweaty. Anyway, I don’t believe in the traditional school of thoughts regarding confinement. The westerners don’t have confinement but they are fine too 🫢 I just believe in getting adequate rest, staying hydrated and eating a balanced diet. But you do you, do what you feel is best for you.

Read more