baby size

Hi mummies! Today i went for my baby appointment and sadly my baby size is small...which is 1.6kg but for what i know i been eating very well and im starting to get worried... Have any mummies face this problem too? I need advice :(

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby was small(1.1kg) when I was around 24 weeks bcs of notching and Doctor gave me Aspirin. Then during my 32 weeks check up which was last 2 week, Doctor say baby is alrdy 1.8kg. Good improvement. This coming Thursday is my another check up at 34 weeks, I also cant wait to know how much baby weight has increase now. I think no need to worry much la as long as Doctor say everything is fine and baby weight is normal.

Read more
Super Mum

Contrary to what many people think, baby's weight doesn't have much to do with how much you eat. Even if you're malnourished most of the nutrients will still go to baby so don't worry about not eating enough. Not sure how many weeks you are and what percentile the baby's at? If it's above 10th percentile it is not a big concern. If below 5th centile you might need to deliver prematurely

Read more

If baby small size but Doctor say everything is normal, might be also due to genes. If you and partner small size, baby also can be small size. My 1st born was only 2.5kg at birth and her weight didnt bother me so much as long as my child is healthy.

May I know how many weeks are you? Not to be worried. That time my baby was 1.8kg in one month times 2.6kg become chubby side. I eat 4-5meals and drank alot of milk that time.

5y ago

Today im already 32 weeks :)

VIP Member

Baby size small could be genetic. If you’re gynecologist is not alarmed, it’s fine. You might wanna eat food higher in protein, carbs and drink maternal milk daily

VIP Member

Don’t be too worried. Mine was at the 50th percentile initially and went up to 90th percentile eventually at tri 3. take more avocados and Durian. Cheers!

VIP Member

No idea on which semester u r .. but don’t worry abt weight of baby .. u just eat well n take more rest ..

You might wanna consider drinking anmum milk. My girlfriend drinks that, both mummy & baby put on weight.

VIP Member

U can eat a bit of durian or avocado to help in baby growth. Otherwise include maternal milk in your diet.

How many week? I am 25 weeks and baby size is 1kg only. My doctor said it was good.