30 week scan weight 1.6kg

Went for scan at 30 weeks n baby weight at 1.6kg but doctor said baby is small and its only near to average. So i ask the doctor if its just nice for size. And she said its just near not there. Im like what? So it is really small? Should i be worry? She hope that baby will increase more on the next scan check up in a month. Honestly im about to give up already as 2 wks before at 28wk scan bby was 950g. But still not enough 😮‍💨 Im a small built mummy btw weighing at 51kg(currently) n a height of 155. Sorry for the long post. But im just exhausted to keep pushing the bby weight n size despite eating all the time.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! I don’t think ur baby is small size, 1.6kg is good at 30 weeks if u check with this app or online. I’m also small built 1.54cm and my baby weighed 1.45kg while my weight was 55.7 at 30 weeks. My gynae said everything on track and good. Said my baby was developing well so maybe u don’t have to worry too much about what ur gynae told u? Pls don’t feel exhausted/ worried about eating, our baby needs all the nutrients we can take in now to grow during this 3rd trimester. Just eat as u normally do, don’t need to specifically eat a huge amount. I’m sure ur bb will grow just fine :)

Read more

Can try avacado, durians, chicken breast, eggs (2 yolks per day, the rest discard the yolks. My baby also on the smaller side at week 36 but gynae just told me ‘Go enjoy yourself with all the bbts, fast food, high calorie food ok’ but I’m afraid of GD so yea I stick to mostly eggs and chicken breast (and bbt hehe). You still have a few more weeks, don’t worry too much. I was 158, 43kg prepregnancy and 61kg before I gave birth (overdue bb 2.6kg) 😊

Read more

hi mummy. i also have this issue. my baby is only 1.2kg at 31wks. doctor said maybe because im also small (only 5ft, weight is only 43kg ) or maybe due to placenta or blood flow to uterus. so now im being monitored and doppler scan weekly to see baby growth and blood flow :( i was asked to eat more protein. im hoping baby will still grow inside

Read more

I went at 29 weeks 4 days, and my baby was 1.4 kg, doctor said that the weight is alright (slightly smaller than average), and projected weight on EDD is 3.4 kg which is totally normal. I am surprised your doctor is worrying that much..

Hi mummy, my baby was 1.5kg @ 32 weeks & Gynae recommend to increase the baby weight as much as possible to prevent induction at 37 weeks due to low birth weight. Sending you support to beef up baby’s weight! 💕