Greeting

Hi mummies, for those of you who stay with your in laws do you all greet them Everyday?

45 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Isn’t it just basic etiquette to do so? 😊 I don’t live with my in-laws but whenever we go there, I greet them. When we leave, I hug my MIL and say goodbye to my FIL and tell them “see you again next weekend”.

I am EXPECTED to even though I don't see the need, doing it for the sake of doing it and not genuine or sincere. Everyday see why must greet. I don't even greet my own parents. So I only greet them if I see them.

Well, usually I greet them everytime I see them because that's what my mom asked me to do... She says she dun want my in-laws to think I am ill-bred... My husband doesn't even greet his parents as often as I do!

VIP Member

I am more to acknowledge my MIL presence. Eg; I say 'Ibu' if we open the bedroom door at the same time. Then she reply, 'Pagi Ira..' Then she offer me a cup of kopi. Settled nia morning greeting. Hehehe

I'm force to greet! My mil complain to my hub saying I very rude never greet her. My hub and his brother don't even greet her I don't even greet my parents. Can't wait to have my own place.

4y ago

Same boat. Feel so annoyed!

Yes when I was living with them. I greet them every morning. Even when I’m out and came back home, I will go to them (if they are in their room or kitchen) to greet them!

Yes.. its a form of courtesy and respect. Its like saying hello to your bosses and colleagues when you see them and saying bye when you go!

actually i greeted them but they got no response , i feel like greeting at the wall so i nvr greeted them aftr that...

Super Mum

Only once when I first see her in the morning or afternoon, coz I don't go out. Cant be everytime see must greet right???!!!

4y ago

Yah sia! Moreover staying tgt. If keep greeting is like 😑😑

TapFluencer

On those occasions I stay with my in law, I make sure to greet her every morning and say goodnight every night