Normal Delivery

Hi mummies, for those of you who gave birth naturally, may I know how do you do your small and big business? Its quite painful right? #1stimemom

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Urinating was a little tough for the first few days but I’ll just release and let the urine go instead of holding back because if you try to hold back and activate your pelvic floor, you also end up activating your perineum, which will hurt so badly. After about 1+ weeks, it became better. For big business, I didn’t dare until day 3 despite taking stool softener. I think my concern other than the pin was that I will tear my stitches but my gynae reassured me that the stitches will hold and not give way that easily. So after that, I just found more courage to poop whenever I needed to.

Read more

I think it was manageable. I had epidural, so the nurse had to make sure I peed at least 3 times after the anaesthetic went off and the catheter was removed (have to call her in each time I went toilet so she could record). First time you go toilet, I think it's a bit more psychological like you feel that it is going to be painful, but after you overcome that fear and just go ahead, subsequent toilet visits will be fine. I also poop during my hospitalisation, just make sure you don't push too hard. Plus you will be given pain killers so that probably helped with pain management too

Read more

I jst gave birth 2 weeks ago. What i can say is that you wont feel pain yet aft delivery. this is bcos of the injection they give you when they want to stitch you up. personally, i find that the pain finally sets in aft 2 days. dont worry the hosp will gv painkiller (paracetamol) and stool softener to you can poop easily! you can do it mommy!

Read more

I don’t rmb small business being painful. But as for big business, they give this meds to loosen your stools. It’s like giving u diarrhoea 😂. Can’t tell if fart or poop. 😂 but I only took it for 2 days cause I don’t like the uncertainty feeling. After 2 days still pain to poop but bearable

For me cos got epidural so after the numb they will get you to pee till required volume not really pain but just a bit hard to pee. I only poo on 3rd before I discharge, this depends whether you got pile. Stitches pain only last for a day, hospital will give strong painkiller

When i want to pee or poop I'll just sit on the toilet bowl and let it release it own, dont squeeze ur pelvic after u pee, just sit there awhile wipe and rinse.

it was bad especially during the first 2 weeks. i took 2 weeks to let out what felt like the biggest poop ever. pls take the meds given by dr, to soften your stools.

3y ago

Noted, thank you mummy!

VIP Member

For me I only find doing small business painful after the pain from stitches kicks in.

VIP Member

The stool softener! It helps a lot. Pee just bite tongue and it will be over soon

You mean before delivery?

3y ago

For c-sect, doing big or small business is no issue cause your below won’t be disturbed at all. It’s just that the doc will give stool softener cause it’s common to get conscripted after birth so make sure you drink them at the prescribed dosage. Do not overdo it cause it will lead to diarrhea and you’ll be dehydrated. The only issue about C-sect is that you’ll need some getting used to sitting on the toilet bowl cause you just had a major operation on your lower abdomen. Bending can be quite a challenge cause the pain from the operation is still stinging like a b*tch. 😅