Trouble Choosing Pants...

Hi mummies, Is there any pants for recommendations? When I first got to know that I was pregnant at I think about 5 weeks, I've started to feel uncomfortable wearing jeans. Now at 9 weeks, I've been wearing palazzo/culottes. Going out has been a chore as some times I felt a little uncomfortable wearing any of those two ?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Me too!! I’m at 8 weeks and my stretchy palazzo pants are starting to feel really uncomfortable.. maybe because of my waist-high panties, they are now quite uncomfortable. 😖 when I push both down, I can feel a sense of relief. I don’t know if it’s our tummy that is already growing or just the stored fats and water retention.. Add on morning sickness that doesn’t seem to go away by the week.. aaaahh 🤢😭

Read more
4y ago

I don’t eat or think about food that will trigger my morning sickness. And it will always be worse in the evening. I can’t eat rice at all when I was about 6 weeks until now. The smell of rice or even the thought of it makes me nauseated. It’s really bad cause I am a huge rice eater previously. I pity my MIL who cooks everyday and doesn’t know I’m pregnant yet and I don’t eat her food. I just told her I have no appetite for rice and she’s been amazingly understanding. We plan to tell our parents end of the month or just before Puasa. Hehe.. Oh I snack on Ribena Pastilles when I start feeling nauseous.. but it’s not good lah cause sugar content quite high. Asam masin also at times but I’m not a big fan of sour so the max I can take is dried prunes cause sweeter a bit. They say anything with ginger is good, but I dare not try lol. Drink more plain water, and of course pee every 1hr hahaha.. For me, if I think of a food and it makes me nauseated, then I know I have food aversion to that p

I gave up on jeans and work pants after 15-16 weeks cause it's just not very comfortable even if I used a hair tie to extend buckle. You can consider uniqlo bottoms (they have a variety of shorts/ pants/ skirts) with elastic bands. I can still wear their bottoms at 28 weeks but frankly I don't reach out for bottoms as the weeks go by. It's one of those things that have to go for a while during pregnancy :/

Read more
4y ago

Thank you for the recommendation! I'll head to uniqlo soon! 😊

I bought my pants at the maternity house at marina sq. Bought 4 and lasted me throughout 2nd trimester till I gave birth. I am not keen on dresses as i thought it made me look bigger than i alr am cos I am short. You can also try Bove at Suntec

4y ago

Thank you for the recommendations! 😋

Get the maternity pants!! It’s so comfortable! I had the same issue as you, started from week 9 onwards when nothing fits. You can find a lot in Shoppe and at really cheap prices! Trust me, they are comfortable.

4y ago

Will look into that. Thank you! 😊

VIP Member

understand you!! i hate wearing pants/jeans during my pregnancy bc its so uncomfortable. so i chose to wear dresses instead 🤪

4y ago

I've never thought of wearing dresses at all! Never crossed my mind lol but sure, I'll look into that. Thank you! 😊

VIP Member

I wore culottes until second trimester, thengot the maternity pants. The ones that have a belly cover

4y ago

I'm feeling uncomfortable wearing culottes now 😭 I doubt I can make it till the 2nd trimester with it lol 😜

I mostly wear dresses now. Jeans are def not comfy at all. Got some maternity pants from Asos

4y ago

I've never actually thought of wearing dresses at all! I should keep this in mind from now onwards. Thank you! 😋

TapFluencer

How about leggings? There are those for maternity kind.

4y ago

Sure, I'll look into it. Thank you! 😊

Maternity leggings were the most comfortable!!!

4y ago

I'll look into that. Thank you 😋

TapFluencer

I wore maternity pants. Posted a few for sale.

4y ago

Adjustable waist 🙂