Can you do housework during pregnancy?

Hi, can mummies tell me if we can do housework like washing toilets, vacuum mop and ironing while pregnant?

36 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Try to minimise it. Washing toilet - if u are squatting down/bending for long period. It may cause backache and giddy/nausea. Light duties are ok like sweeping, iron, auto vacuuming, washing But if u feel exhausted let your hub know. Take much rest as you want Discuss with hubby housework routine.

Read more

Yes, vacuum and iron can! But washing toilets please avoid. I have gotten my husband to take over me due to the harsh chemicals and strong smell.

Super Mum

Sure:) just don’t over exert. I did more housework after 37 weeks because I wanted baby to come out faster. Haha

Just do light house chores like washing dishes. For washing toilet and mopping best to leave to your hubby to do.

VIP Member

Yes you can. But don't use/let harsh chemicals touch your skin. And take things easy, no lifting heavy things.

VIP Member

Light chores can but pls avoid using cleaning products that have harsh chemicals and strong odour.

Yes u can. But during first trim, it's best to do light stuff. Try not to carry heavy items.

Lol... if have choice then don’t If no Choice then really no chive but have to still do

VIP Member

Yes I did all that including washing/scrubbing toilet. Just rest if you’re tired.

VIP Member

I did. I couldn’t last the day doing nothing. But I did things with caution.