Can preggy still do housework? Eg. Vacuum and Mopping?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congrats! 29 weeks here and I can still scrub toilets. I just make sure that the house and toilets are well ventilated, and I use biodegradable, non-toxic, skin friendly soaps when cleaning toilets. I take my time, wear rubber gloves, go on all fours if needed so I don’t slip or fall down, take regular breaks to rest and hydrate myself AND listen to my body. I even cleaned the ceiling fan but I make sure my husband was WFH and supporting the ladder when I climbed up to clean 😅 I still vacuum the floors but my husband helps with the mopping because it requires moving of some furniture. I also iron clothes, but I invest in good quality ironing board to make sure it’s sturdy and doesn’t topple over. Pregnancy is not a disability! My gynae recommends that I continue with my pre-pregnancy routines - plus the extra exercise is also good for mummy 🤭 What’s important is that you listen to your body, don’t push limits, take regular breaks and keep yourself hydrated. Pace yourself. If you need more time to complete a chore, take the extra time or divide it over a few days! If you’re not feeling up to it, don’t do it. Or speak to your SO to see how he can step up and take on more responsibilities during your pregnancy 😊

Read more
TapFluencer

Firstly, congrats! Housework is good exercise, keeps you mobile and limber. At 7 weeks, you’re still pretty much ‘unchanged’. Take advantage of it! Otherwise you just end up sitting around all day, not good for your metabolism and will potentially contribute to gestational diabetes. Having said that, don’t go crazy. As shared by several mommies here, your pace and range of movements will be hindered as you go further along your pregnancy (esp week 24 onward). Don’t over-exert, know your limits and listen to your body.

Read more

listen to ur own body is very importantduring this period of time.. every pregnancy is different.. if u feel alright to do housework why not.. when my husband forbid me doing housework i dont care him, i still change my king size bed sheets at 36weeks but slowly.. i cant sit still doing nth.. very uncomfortable doing nth, and my 1st pregnancy i am a totally different person.. i just dont want to do anything at all.. all the best mummy ❤

Read more
TapFluencer

31 weeks now and STILL doing household chores, which include sweeping, mopping, wash toilets, wipe windows, hang laundry, etc... As long as not putting myself in any danger, I just do. But I do notice that the pace is different now. last time, I can do it faster. Now, stomach like this, stamina also go down. I tire easily.

Read more

I did housework of all kind (except cooking due to aversion to smells) till my baby was born. Even scrubbing toilet (though doc friend disapproved due to chemical smell). just that as the week progressed, my pace got slower and I have to adjust how I do things too but do be careful when mopping (slippery!)

Read more
TapFluencer

congratulations I am currently on week 30, I still scrub the toilet bowl and at times do laundry. The mopping floor normally will be done by the hub to avoid slipped and fall. listen to your body and pace urself 😉

First of all congrats mummy to be ! Which trimester are you in ? If no specific instructions from gynae to bed rest , light housework is actually good exercise (:

1y ago

wah same here. is this ur first child?

Yes can. I’m 27 weeks and still do housework. Furthermore I have two cats to take care of. As long as you don’t tire or strain urself. U feel tired, just rest ok!

26 weeks now. Still doing housework 2-3 times weekly as usual 😆. I treat it as workout to prevent myself from putting on too much weight.

VIP Member

Hey Mummy J, there’s no reason you can’t do these chores as long as you don’t feel any discomfort. Especially in the first and second trimesters.