pregnant ladies go out and do housework

Do you go out for some nearby groceries and do housework like wash toilet and mopping, sweeping floor? How about simple cooking? Me 20weeks. Am doing mopping and washing toilet but not as thoroughly as last time. Cos back pain after doing. After cooking and washing I also feel back pain and head heavy.... Not sure if anyone same as me...

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm term now. I still do household chores and groceries shopping throughout my pregnancy. I'm markedly tired /back hurts/ breathless after 32-33 weeks, so I've mostly ordered groceries online or get my husband to do marketing since . Cooking is still manageable for me but if I'm baking I need to sit for prep work because standing too long gives me a backache too. I've also gotten a vacuum robot earlier in my pregnancy with the intention of lightening our load, it has been working well for us! Only mopping every 2 weeks now. My husband helps with scrubbing parts of the chores and washing dishes :)

Read more

27 weeks, first pregnancy and still doing household chores and grocery shopping and cooking. I try to be as active but not as active as pre-pregnancy and don’t carry heavy things. Yes, exhaustion is real and bad on some days on top of insomnia. Nowadays so difficult to have a proper good night sleep. But I myself can’t stand being in bed / sofa all day without doing anything. Like the brain/mind is not active so I try to do whatever I can and complete the tasks quickly before evening.

Read more
4y ago

Understand and feel u. I'm only 20weeks. Already can feel can't do certain stuff like bend down to scrub toilet tiles etc.. if only wash one or two clothing still OK. Not too long. I like to go out walk but problem is I can't walk long which makes me a bit sad. Plus wear the mask makes me can't breathe well. Ya we have to be active to help in delivery later. Ya I'm worried at 3rd trimester. Sure can't sleep...

I stop doing it since I’m pregnant. My husband volunteer to help vacuum. I don’t do mopping and washing toilet as that’s his job all along.. you shouldn’t bend too much and you shouldn’t inhale too much detergent for toilet cleaning based on my reading. Can you get him to do it? My husband will ask me to go far away if he is washing toilet. Rest more if you want to exercise just go for gentle walk is good!

Read more
2y ago

same same, since pregnant I don't do washing toilet and mopping too, my husband will do it when I go office work,so can totally avoid the chemical smell. only sometimes help to do light chores like putting laundry, but hanging clothes my husband do it, he usually do laundry too. sometimes I do light vacuum if i feel cannot take it alr, but now usually husband do it. whenever don't want to do anythg just ask my husband help to do it. I prefer go out walk walk , said to help in labour. but now walking also abit tiring because tummy become heavier. so I avoid climbing staircase now,very tired. 31 weeks now.

I did sweep the floor pretty often when i was pregnant. Mopping wise always done by my husband. I do cook for myself but husband will cook for me when we dont dabao. During my third trimester i was packing and throwing stuff away. I walked three bus stops away to my parent’s plc 😅 didnt feel back aches so yea, i managed to do all these 😂

Read more
VIP Member

Yes. This is my third pregnancy and I'm 33 weeks already. I still go out to buy groceries and do housework. Futhermore, I have bunnies and guinea pigs at home... I have to maintain the cleanliness with 2 naughty toddlers at home. Back pain is normal during pregnancy! If you feel too tired then rest.

Same as me...still doing house chores as usual.. Doing laundry,mopping,sweeping,cooking etc.. But if i feel tired and pain i stop and rest for awhile.. Gynae says its good to exercise.. Im currently going to 3rd trimester already.. 😊😊

Walking around is ok whereas housework if you don't feel good after doing then ask someone else to help. I did for my wife since her pregnancies and no chance to handover some back to her for so many years. 😅

Yes. 30 weeks and still cooking/folding laundry/cleaning toilet bowl/vacuum cos i cant seem to bend down anymore. All the heavy duty and wet stuff, my husb will do. Scared i fall down.. 😆

VIP Member

Yep i was grocery shopping & cooking when i was pregnant too, but it was hard to wash dishes with a big belly lol. Left the cleaning of toilets n mopping to hubs though cos i was tired

VIP Member

I did...I also felt back pain..after i finished all things then i lied on the bed and relax..mopping 3x/week, washing toilet 1x/week, cooking everyday..I’m in 3rd trimester now..

4y ago

Wow u still mop 3x a week? That's a lot. I mop once a week. Toilet also once a week. But I used to wash all at one go. Now I split. Today wash one. Tmr another toilet. Else my back super pain and I'm easily breathless. Squat also a bit if problem for me.