Mummies, recently my MIL brought my LO out. As my MIL needs to attend religious class, she hand over my LO to her friends to take care for 1 1/2 hour. My LO is not in her view. I felt very disturbed by her doings as anything can happen to my LO when she is in another person hands. How do I tell my MIL that I strongly don't like the idea?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Agreed that it is quite disturbing to just hand over yr LO to a person you dont know! But I think depending on your MIL's character, you should discuss with your husband how to best talk to your MIL. Sometimes heart to heart talk may not b gd if too direct cuz they may feel offended. Mayb can put it in a slightly lighter tone if u tink she might be upset but reinforce it by suggesting she tell u when she is busy n u make time to take care of LO yrself!

Read more

You need to have a sit down talk with your MIL. Let her know your concerns. Tell her if she ever needs to attend classes and not be able to care for your LO. let you know so that you can make arrangement about it,

if it was me, then the best way is to do it yourself. meaning that when she is going for her classes either you make arrangements to care for your child or get a nanny for that time frame.

I agreed with Rose Mary, having a heart to heart talk and speak to her in the role of Mother worrying about the safety and wellbeing of your child, instead of DIL.

VIP Member

wa.. i will definitely talk to her personally. How can she let your lo in another person hands. do let her know your concern and discuss further with her.

I think you need to just have a heart to heart with yur mil about this issue

Juz tell her. U hv to tell her staight in e face and personally.

I'll get hb to talk to her. I cannot accept it