6 Replies

Super Mum

I used the Futuro thumb stabiliser/wrist guard to help minimise movement. Putting ice pack on the injured area would help too. Eventually i got ibuprofen/panadol from GP, also ketoprofen patches. You can get ketoprofen patches from watson/guardian too. It'll take time to heal so the best way is to minimise movement and find new ways to do things - i had it not long after my baby was born, it went away and then recurred few months later and took 2 long months to heal.

Yes, can use. I am breastfeeding exclusively. Topical medicines dont really affect breastfeeding. You may just want to keep the patches away from baby when you're using them.

Super Mum

Painkillers, pain relief patches, proper wrist guards may provide some help, but there’s no quick-fix solution. Your tendons are overstretched and they need time (weeks) to heal. You’ll need to change the way you pick baby up and handle baby, so that you don’t injure your wrist further. I hurt my wrist initially too, then had to make changes to how I did things.

It may be the way u hold or carry the baby. Don't focus the weight of the baby on your wrist. Try not to bend the wrist part, it helps.

I heard it is common to hurt the tendon in your wrist after you give birth. Some went for operation to fix their wrists. 😖

I quote from Google; Fluid retention during pregnancy can cause symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome, which often go away after delivery. However, some women report exacerbated symptoms after delivery due to continued early post partum swelling and the constant bending of the wrist in baby care.

VIP Member

Try massage with some ointment hopefully it helps cos it worked for me

TapFluencer

Acupuncture helps

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles