First Kick

Hi mummies I'm a first time mummy and at the end of my week 18. When will I feel my baby kicks? I'm super excited and I'm not sure if I missed any kicks as idk what they feel like. I've read it feels like flutters but how really does that feel like? Few days ago I did feel one tiniest thump but that was it and it didn't occur anymore. So I wasn't sure if that was a kick? I wonder if I'm able to feel it at all any time soon.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I felt mine right after 18weeks. It felt like light bubble moving inside my tummy. I can feel her better when I placed my hands on my abdomen area. I get to feel her movement almost everyday. It gets stronger & more active every week. She is more active after meals & when I am laying flat on my bed.

Read more

I felt mine around week 22. The kicks/movements will grow stronger as your baby grows... so it might be abit difficult to identify at first. Nonetheless just trust ur mummy instincts!

5y ago

You will know it! ;)

Super Mum

It’s very exciting to experience. Took my baby quite awhile to kick hard enough for papa to feel. But now at 33 weeks he is making earthquakes all the time!

VIP Member

Got mine at around 18-19 weeks. Remember to religious count your baby’s kicks once you hit 28 weeks pregnancy. :)

I felt mine around 16 weeks. It was like a pulse that time. I felt it when i was sitting on our bed at night.

5y ago

Wowww so lucky!

I felt mine as early as 16 weeks. Some as late as 20 weeks plus. Hold on! :)

Super Mum

It will eventually be so frequent that you wish your baby will sleep more

Hmm... slowly but surely... I feel my bb first kick in week 23

It depends. Felt mine at week 20 :)

is it like eyes twitching feeling??