Weight dropping

Hi mummies, I'm currently in my 2nd trimester 3 mths plus preggy. But my weight been dropping I do eat like 3 meals a day. The last weight I took on thursday is 57.2kg right now I took and I'm 55.9kg is it normal? At the first day when I know I'm pregnant I'm 58.2kg. I'm getting worry not sure why are my weight dropping. Any mummies could advise? Thank you! I'm first time mummy here

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I lost 3 kg in 5 weeks during 1st preg 1st tri due to lost of appetite and morning sickness. Gynae said bb growing well coz it sucks all my nutrients in my body... now in my 2nd preg 1st tri also lost weight due to morning sickness. But a blessing is that u wont gain too much weight throughout the preg and yet bb still grows well, then u dont need to exercise to lose weight after delivery. Coz with breastfeeding plus waterbag and bb weight off your body, u can go back to your pre pregnancy weight within 2 weeks. My gynae said as long bb growing well, then no issue. U just take more meat and protein to boost yourself.

Read more
4y ago

Wow..

TapFluencer

No worries. Ur weight doesn’t equate to ur bb weight. I was 53kg before pregnancy and I was only 46kg all the way from 1st trimester to the day I delivered. Bb was born healthy at 38weeks

Not really sure why its dropping... But I had the same issue! I actually lost 8kg all the way till week 24. My gynae said no need to worry as long as baby is growing up well :)

4y ago

Thank you

Super Mum

I’m in the same situation as you. Don’t worry bout ur weight, make sure u are eating healthily. And most impt is ur baby is growing well. That’s the most impt .

VIP Member

It's normal for the first trimester especially when you have morning sickness

4y ago

Yes I have morning sickness..

VIP Member

I lost 6 kg in 4 weeks. But gynae said baby is growing fine :)

4y ago

Ya my gynae also said that baby is growing fine but I saw a sudden drop in my weight that why I get abit worry

Super Mum

Don't need to worry as long as baby is still growing

VIP Member

if your baby is growing fine, then nothing to worry

4y ago

Okok thank you

Not uncommon if are having morning sickness.

drink maternal milk

4y ago

I cant drink maternal milk I tried once keep having diarrhoea and vomit cause I got lactose intolerant