Need advices to gain weight

Any mummies face similar issue too? My spouse and I are quite petite, hence our babies are petite too. My first child was born slightly smaller than peers. When I was pregnant with my first child, if I'm 32 wks 2 days, first child by scan is 31wks. But this pregnancy, my second child is smaller. I'm 32 wks preg, but baby is only 30 wks. My bump looks like 4-5 months preg. I have been trying to eat more meals every few hours. But I'm not gaining enough weight. My last pregnancy I gained 16 kg, this pregnancy I only gained 4 kg, lost 8kg in first tri. Doctor say it's okay due to genes. But I'm worried. Mummies who faced similar issue, can you advise me what are some foods that I can eat so that my baby can gain weight faster? 😅 Thank you ❤️

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

your weight doesn't really matters. as long baby is gaining weight. I am 162cm and weight 46.8 kg pre_pregnancy, became 44kg at 1st tri due to lost weight from morning sickness. weight 51.1kg 1 wk before deliver and baby came out at healthy weight of 2.966kg despite I putting on only 7.1kg weight from 44kg to 51.1kg.

Read more

Yes, thats right it is all about genes. Baby can be tall, short, big, small partly because of that. Need not worry much. But as long as you dont skipped meal, drinks materna milk, eat nutritious and healthy meal. Baby should be gaining weight.

try drinking essence of chicken or fish. Consume alot of milk & eat atleast 3 dates daily. These provide the nutrients for baby to grow well

hello, friends told me durian and avocado shake will make baby gain a lot of weight esp last trime. maybe u can try

hi! you can try drinking fresh goat milk. i drank 500ml per day cause baby was on th smaller size..

VIP Member

As long as baby is fine and healthy, no need to worry too much ya.