Hi mummies, I just delivered March this year and was hoping to have my 2nd one next year.. I just tested positive on the pregnancy test and am almost 7 wks pregnant. I was wondering if its necessary to go for 6-8 wks appointment? Can I wait till I'm 12 wks? I'm seeing the same gynae.. so she already knows my history. Nothing that will affect my pregnancy.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congrats on your pregnancy! Personally, if it were me, I'd go to the doctor as soon as I find out I'm pregnant. There are certain tests that will be useful for you and baby at that stage, I reckon. That being said, maybe you can drop your gynae a call and let her know you are pregnant and how far along you are. Maybe she'll be alright with it, maybe she'll insist you see her as soon as possible. Best to be safe than sorry.

Read more

Congrats! I just delivered in April and want to have my second one by next year too but I haven’t got much luck! May I know if you’re still breastfeeding your firstborn? Will pregnancy affect your milk supply? Anyway, I would think you should go by 8 weeks since baby’s heartbeat can be detected alr? :) can also get some supplements to eat for baby 2!

Read more
TapFluencer

Congratulations. Best to have your doctor check up early and stay healthy

Super Mum

Ok.. but eat folic acid and multivitamins first until ur first visit

Congrats and gynae visit is up to you when you decide to go:)

VIP Member

Congrats!! I would def see a gynae before 12 weeks

Congrats.... its up to you when to visit a gynae.

VIP Member

congrats.. yes its up to you

Super Mum

Congrats. :)

VIP Member

congrats((: