low lying placenta

Just did my 20 wks scan.. sonographer said everything is ok. Cervical length is also good. but in report i saw conclusion: low lying placenta. What is this and is this common at 20 wks? Just curious.. i still have few more days till my gynae appointment and will definitely ask her regarding this. Just wanna knw if any of you face this. To add on, my journey to work is really far. I probably need to walk abt 40 mins one way. Will this affect my pregnancy? Thanks.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is advisable to reduce walking, rest more and avoid carrying heavy things if you have low lying placenta~ In some cases, it may move up. However, some mummies experience it all the way till birth, which then would call for a C-Sect as the placenta is covering the cervix opening, making it difficult for natural birth. Low lying placenta may cause bleeding/ spotting so do keep a look out too! I had low lying placenta, but I was lucky as my gynae found out at week 8. Was put on bed rest for 2.5 months. I would really suggest that you avoid walking as much as possible. Oh, and no intimacy! Hahaha! But in overall, it shouldn't be a big concern~ Jiayous! 😊

Read more
4y ago

Maybe you can let your gynae know that your workplace is far and lots of walking is required! Should be okay to get HL. Take care! 🙆🏻‍♀️🙆🏻‍♀️

Yes, usually it will move up as pregnancy progresses. For now, limit your movements as it will cause some bleeding.

4y ago

Thank you!