Covid during pregnancy.

Mum just tested covid positive today and I just saw her yesterday and the day before.. Anyone had covid while pregnant? I'm only 12 wks pregnant. So I'm wondering if it would be serious for me if I get it too.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had covid when I was 5 months pregnant and it's my 1st pregnancy. Caught it at work as my colleagues had it too. I felt really sick and was breathless. I was really worried so went to KK hospital straight and they monitored baby's heartbeat at labour ward for a day. Baby's fine and I was discharged with 7 days MC. Took my meds and had alot of rest! My doctor said if we took all the covid vaccines, we don't have to worry too much unless your covid symptoms are serious, that's when you should worry..

Read more
TapFluencer

In case you get fever or other covid symptoms pls discuss with your gynae about the medicines you can take or if you are going to GP pls tell in advance that you are pregnant so that they will prescribe medication accordingly. Ensure you are up to date with all the booster shots all along your pregnancy. Don't worry everything will go smooth just a bit of caution is required here and there. Take care. All the best for a healthy smooth pregnancy and delivery

Read more

I got covid when i was in my 8 months pregnant. Gynae said it was alright and it wouldn’t affect the baby. Just have to see a doctor to get the necessary medications that are safe for pregnancy. All the checkups after the covid was fine and baby was born healthy ! So don’t worry too much !

I got covid when I was 5-6 weeks pregnant. Did the normal procedure, and all is good now. Drink plenty of water!

It wont be serious but you need to take precautionary measure and also medication where necessary.

yes me! but all was good. drink honey + hot water!