Mummies, how do you find 'me time' out of your schedule for your pampering sessions?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am a stay at home mom (SAHM) for three years. For the first two years when my little ones (LO) attached to me, I hardly can have "me" time. After I send my lo to half day pre-school, finally I can squeeze out some personal time for facebooking, personal chatting and watching my favourite tv sequels. If you are a working mom, your "me" time will probably your lunch or tea break. You will definitely find your me time soon after you have adapt to your current schedule.

Read more

Well, me time when the kids are young is quite tough, however, it really depends how much you really yearn for it. For me, i can or will only b able to do my own stuff when they are asleep. Other than dat, it's a no no. In fact, i resign myself dat there will be no me time allocated and if there is, it's a bonus. In this way, i feel quite balanced. Try it. Importantly, you must be positive.

Read more

My colleague uses her working time as a break from home, and home time as a break from work. As such, she tries not to bring work home or let home matters affect work. For a break from both work and home (a true "me time" for her) would be an exercise session at night after she put her child to bed. Really admires how she juggle everything.

Read more

Me time has to be really planned out well, I realise with 2 boys. Get daddy or grandma to take them for the couple of hours you need to get your hair, mani pedi, facials done. I would suggest a weekend. Just leave them in good hands, and trust your people with them, don't think about it too much and go have some fun that you so rightfully deserve!

Read more

I am a full time mother. Normally, my 'ME' time is after my kids go to bed. I will go to MacDonald nearby and have a supper just on my own and reading up some books there for 1-2 hours. I can say, it only happens twice a month. For weekend, since my husband no working, I will just leave kids with him and I go out for household shopping alone.

Read more

you can work with your husband to find some schedule to let your in law/parents take care of baby or even your husband to take care when you go out. sometime it is more of how to let go and come to terms with situation. talk to your spouse there will be way out :) can even make it a biweekly or monthly event so you have a day to relax.

Read more

When kids are asleep or at school. Some kids goes to childcare and yes, it's time for mummy to enjoy. However, used to having kids around me, without them seemed weird. Or maybe it's cos I love kids and i enjoyed bonding with them. No me time is also acceptable for me.

Read more
VIP Member

My 'me' time is usually when he is napping. I open some snacks, brew coffee or make a juice and read a book or watch TV Series with those food. 2 hours recharge :)

I don't find time, I really have to make time! I ask my mom to come over and babysit while I go to the salon, dentist, gym, coffeeshop, etc.

My Husband works away. My Son sleeps at 7pm hence me time is anytime after that! Watching drama on the couch is good for me :)