When should I schedule for 1st Gynae Visit?

Hello mommies, I’m a first time mom & found out I’m 5 weeks pregnant now & wondering at which week should I schedule for 1st Gynae visit? How do you choose your Gynae? #advicepls #FTM

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went to clinic to double confirm and head back home to search for Gynae that is near my place. After I’ve found the Gynae that I wanted I just book an appointment with them. When I head there I’m 6 weeks pregnant and dr did an ultrasound scan and listen to baby heartbeat. Most importantly is the location that is convenient for you.

Read more

If u want the private route, you can call/email the clinic directly and ask for the gynae's availability and set an appointment soonest. If u are on a budget, go for subsidised route, go polyclinic and they'll refer you to a hosp but waiting time may be super long which will add up to the anxiety!

i went at what i thought was 6 weeks but scan was actually 5 weeks. i wanted to go at 8 weeks however iv been having bad cramps so went to make sure its not ectopic etc. you wouldnt see much early but at least can make sure its at the right place if your worried about that

Congrats!! you can fix appt at your preferred hospital, if you wish to go private.. for subsidise, you need get referral letter from any polyclinic.. we saw our doc at KKH around 6weeks. Can heart beat... take care and stay safe😊

You should call now to schedule an appointment and they will advise you from there. Some clinics may not take walk ins. I chose mine based on the location but I did some research on Google reviews and made sure it's ok.

You can go private gynae first while waiting subsidise doctor. If you stay at West area you can consider Astra Women Clinic at Jurong East Dr. Tho. He's a good doctor

congrats! My wife 8weeks only make her first visit, really depend your budget for gynae 🤣 btw we visit punggol one now. Previously at yishun.

You can start to find already! I knew at wk 8 and ganchiong find gynae 😂 coz nuh first apptment was quite late.....

i started going ti the doctor at 6 weeks :) You can book an appt in your preffered hosp or clinic

3y ago

Tbh i nv liked kk haha. Dun hv a gd impression

I went for the first scan on week 6, to listen to heartbeat on week 7 with private gynae