Hi mummies, does size concern when comes to carrying a baby? I am small size and skinny, everythime I carry my baby people will say that baby don't feel good if u carry because not fat enough to make baby comfortable. I feel hurt .. no matter how I eat, I can't get fat..I am sad that my baby don't feel comfortable when I carry him.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think it is nonsense about skinny people won't make the baby feel good. You are the mom and all babies will love the smell and touch of their moms and the bond has been there since you carried your baby inside you when you were pregnant. What's wrong with these insensitive people. I will retort them if I were you. If I am the mom and my baby doesn't feel good with me , my baby won't feel good with anybody else. Sometimes it is because we are new mothers and don't know how to carry them properly and also because we are anxious to make them feel good and babies can feel our emotions so they get anxious too. Relax and just know you are a great mom!!

Read more

When coming to bringing up children or parenting, people whose children is 20 to 30 years old, children younger than mine or even with no children will want to share their school of thoughts on how to be "good" parents. However, they often forgotten how each child is different in many way. I used to be one Mommy who so "Gan Cheong" over every comment about my child and only to notice how must stress it caused to the two of us that we forget to enjoy the bonding. Now I will ignore all these "good life experiences" and follow my gut feel on what is right and best for my kid.

Read more

Itz not so much abt ur size. I'm skinny too. Baby oso dun feel comfortable when i carry him at first. It is e way we carry baby. No matter how i carry him when he was first born till 3months old, he is not comfortable. Other ppl carry, he is very comfy. There r ppl who tell me to carry tiz way tat way but still it doesnt work bcos different ppl carry, there will be a different feel. I was very upset initially. But dun worry. Wait till ur baby grows older & a little more meaty. He will love u to carry him. Afterall, u r his mum!

Read more

OMG!!! Please turn a deaf year to those people who talk nonsense. Then if we are fat, we also must be careful la. Fat or skinny, doesn't matter. I'm also skinny, so who cares. Our baby will be happier with us then anyone else. Really talk rubbish. Makes me so angry to hear such unbelievable stuff.

Read more

Nonsense! That's what pple think because they think of far being more cuddly and softer for baby to sleep on u. But YOU ARE THE MOTHER! Ur voice, ur heartbeat and ur attention is what baby will want because it is comforting for baby. Maybe fat applies to other pple. Mother - most definitely not!

VIP Member

no it doesn't matter! Don't let other people comment affect you. Does your baby cry when you carry him? Does he rejects you when you want to carry him? Ignore other people comment, focus on your baby only.

Read more

No it doesn't matter, more like how to carry the right way. First time mums may struggle it initially but will overcome it. Afterall is own baby, if mummy don't carry who esle right?

Omg!! I am also skinny but my girl still wants me to carry when she was a baby. Ignore ignorer those weird comments:)

Just ignore.....