Baby no longer close to me

Previously my baby was close to me. But everytime I carry my baby out, my mil will want me to pass to her to play and carry. Even when my baby cries for me she will take him away from me. Nowadays I feel that my baby is no longer close to me. Is like even without me he is OK now. He doesn't find me anymore .. Feel kind of sad. I dont know how I can build back the bond with him anymore. #advicepls #firstbaby #1stimemom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i know how you feel. i was very affected and upset initially. but trust me, after awhile as your baby grow older, she will know who’s the mother and she will be more attached to u. my mil still ask to carry my baby all the time i just let her carry cause deep down i knew that my baby’s closer to me now :)

Read more
2y ago

Thanks for the encouragement. I am really very down. Especially through out my maternity they are staying with me...

not to be too reliant on mother is good. imagine when ur baby needs to go sch and cries to find u. u will have a headache

2y ago

dont worry they will know when they get older. dont be too stress out😊

It might be part of normal child development. When your baby is unsure, scared or insecure does he go to you or MIL?

2y ago

Previously when he is hungry or sleepy he will find me. Now he doesn't find me at all. I have to take him back.

Super Mum

Don't worry. Just continue to interact and bond with your baby. I am sure you can build the bond with Ur baby

2y ago

Thanks for the encouragement