Hi Mummies & Daddies, I am starting BLW for my baby (10 months old). Is it too late? Can I still feed him with porridge everyday? Or continue with BLW instead? Thank you!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's never too late karen,my boy also 10months old now and I juz started BLW last month with him,he loves it but will be pretty messy,maybe you could laid garbage bag on the floor below his highchair easy for u to do cleaning haha that's what I do cos no helper to clean, let him try maybe 1 meal then after can go shower,perhaps you could feed him abit first at the same time guide him on how to self feeding then after let him do himself,remember take pics of the mess he done hahaa you will laugh😉😉😉

Read more
7y ago

noted with thanks ☺

VIP Member

If you want to start on BLW, you can just leave a bowl of porridge there and let him self feed (that's the purpose of BLW) Or you can pass baby carrot sticks and you feed him porridge, this way the porridge won't be spilling all over. And baby still get to learn how to BLW

7y ago

noted with thanks ☺

Not too late. Depends on when your child can sit steadily and unassisted. You can feed him Porridge and let him led wean. But it will be a mess. So I suggest for you to make rice balls, meatballs, food that are less messy and easier to grip.

7y ago

Noted with thanks ☺

Y not have 1 meal BLW n 1 meal porridge or 2 meals BLW n 1 meal porridge ?

7y ago

noted with thanks ☺

No worries mommy Karen =)