is celebrating LO 1 year old is a must?

Hi mummies, is celebrating LO 1 year old is a must? Any mummies did not celebrate LO 1 year old? How do you tell your in laws and your own family members? I thinking of going aboard with my husband and LO for my LO 1 year old birthday. Hmm is it a bad idea?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Our boy is turning 1 in abt 1mth's time. We dun plan to have a big scale celebration as we dun think it is necessary. But we will be buying a small little cake n have a mini celebration at mil's house as they r excited tat baby is turning 1.. At first, we dun even wanna buy a cake. But upon seeing everybody's excitement n being happy for baby, we decided to get a cake n have a mini celebration just for mil's family at her hse. Nothing grand or fantastic. Afterall, itz juz a bday... juz take photos n keep it for memory.😊

Read more

Its up to individual. I celebrated my 1st kid 1yr old bdae only with close family member. My 2nd kid I just bought for her a small cake for her to smash it with her hands and eat. She had alot of fun messing it up. Take pictures and video of her doing that so that she can see it when she is bigger. Maybe coz my in laws and family are fine with it I dont need to tell them.

Read more
VIP Member

Up to your personal preference! I did 3 things for my son's 1st birthday: 1) Buffet lunch at our void deck for needy families who had family members born in the same month as my son, NOT my own relatives/family 2) Cake Smash photoshoot for memories 3) Just a small cake cutting for my immediate family (my parents, my son and I) and some close friends

Read more
VIP Member

I didn't want to Hold a massive party but I wanted her to have photos to look at when she grew up, so I celebrated with immediate family in our condo function room. 12 people in total, dr suess theme. I also did a cake smash for her

Post reply image

It's up to individual. But we did a big celebration for my kids' first birthday to celebrate their big 1! Only for first year big celebration, other years small celebrations at home or staycation with small celebration in their cc

VIP Member

I just told them. they are too young to know anything. We can just have a meal together for a happy cake blowing session got LO will do. We will do a theme party when he is old enough to choose what he wants!

Read more

I didn't have a big party for LO. Early celebration with cake gifted by my Mother with my family. N we brought LO to Lego hotel for staycation on the actual day. No celebration with my pil

7y ago

We only plan to hold parties for him when he has his own friends

We just have a simple family lunch together. Take photos with LO & their cakes for memories😁

no i don't celebrate parties. it is not a need. at the most gather with family simple meal and that's it.

At your preference. It's the last birthday we celebrated with extended families n friends. 😀