Pacifier for 1 year old ?

Hello ! My little 1 year old has been so cranky and literally cries for everything even fake cries at times and it’s kind of stressful 😭 she’s never had a pacifier but I feel like I should give her 1 now .. that’s how bad it is 🥲 isit a good idea ? I need help .

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went through this phase too. Really needs lots of patience from the parents to give her a sense of security and ease. I don’t think pacifier will help much tbh.. what I did was to give in to the cries and carry my baby to give her assurance that she needs. And spam lots of kisses too. This went on for about 1-2 months? She is much better now. Happier and much friendlier to strangers. Willing to play independently at times and even tries to communicate with us her wants too! Hang in there mummy, you’re doing a great job already. Don’t let it stress you too much, take it as part of her development milestone.

Read more

If she’s already 1 and never had one, I don’t think it’s a good idea to start now. Most people try to get their LO off pacifier by 1-3 yo so I won’t advise to start at 1. It’s normal because they are starting to have their own thinking and thoughts but they are unable to express themselves thru actual words for us to understand so they are frustrated and when we can’t understand, we get frustrated too.

Read more
10mo ago

I usually bribe with food…. If it’s night time I’ll just let her finish her cries and tantrums then I’ll speak to her again. But actually just let them throw their tantrums then speak to them afterwards. They can understand us, they just don’t know how to express it in actual words. My LO still can’t talk full sentences but she’s learning new words and sometimes able to express with body language so we try to understand.

Agree with other mummies no pacifier needed. pacifier was given because young babies need that suckle for soothing. by 1yo, they don't have that need for suckle anymore. try to understand her needs and use words to ask her e.g. is it this or that? they could actually understand us very well but is unable to control their emotions well at this stage. it's a little bit about discipline too.

Read more

toddler is like that can't help. my lo also like that and he is super clingy to me. I can't do much things and can't leave him alone. he will cry murder. especially now I'm pregnant. .. he cry at everything and needs lots of my attention. I guess this is just a phase that they will react like that. maybe your lo is uncomfortable? teething? needs more attention?

Read more

Might be due to Teething? Give cold teething toy to help sooth as the gum might get really sore…

Better don’t give pacifier. Is it bcos she wants to be carried?

TapFluencer

my kidz rejected pacifier from the start 😅