8 weeks: Feeling sick & horrible

Hi mummies ♥️ It’s my 8th week in, first pregnancy, and my nausea (which started gradually since Week 3 😔) is getting bad. I pretty much have aversion to all foods except porridge, and a constant bitter taste in the mouth from the puking. Nausea medication did not help as it stopped the puking but made me feel horribly drowsy the whole day, still with the nauseous feeling — actual puking feels a little better. ♥️ To add on, my body feels very warm even at night (measured 37°C despite usually only being 36.4°C — knowledge thanks to COVID constant temperature monitoring lol). About once/twice daily, I’ll feel so feverish, I have to lie down and try to sleep it off. Is this normal? :( I worry that my body doesn’t seem capable of handling a pregnancy, like its fighting against it or something. Please tell me this is what first trimester just is? 🙏🏻

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Week 9 here and I feel you! Nausea has amplified this week and I too have a lot of food aversions which makes eating a chore :( I also wake up w headaches and just generally feel unwell all the time Have you done a scan with your gynae yet? Take heart in knowing all these signs show your little one is developing perfectly well in your belly. Hang in there we ll get through it together ❤️

Read more
3y ago

Yes! I lost all my symptoms in my previous pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage, so think I have learnt to appreciate the discomfort (as frustrating as it may be sometimes) a little more. Aww that's wonderful to know. Your husband sounds like a lovely pillar of support, encouraging you thru your nausea 😅 Hopefully the second tri will be kinder to us 🙏 haha

TapFluencer

hope things get better for you 💕