infant acne

Hi mummies, my 3 week old baby's face have acne like things on his face. Is this normal??? I thought it was the breastmilk and have been wiping his face after each feed, but the acne still remains and are increasing day by day. How do i get rid of them?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Make sure with ur PD. Mine last time checked by PD, he said it was newborn acne. Asked me not to apply anything. But after couple of weeks, my LO face become more n more serious and even he started to scratch his face (myb due to itchy) My husband suggest to check with another PD, and then we went to see another PD, the result really surprising us. Actually my LO face is not acne but its a sensitive skin. The PD gave us Ceradan moisturizer. And i used it until now, now my LO face is smooth and soft. So u have to make sure, ur LO is acne or sensitive skin. Its two different things. Newborn Acne dont need any treatment but sensitive skin must treat immediately

Read more

My girl has it too and checked with pediatrician, it is normal as some babies have sensitive skin and aggrevated by mummy's hormones.. dr says to just use boiled water to clean their faces daily and avoid using any cream etc as it might worsen it. I used mustela face cream for my LO initially and it didn't work. After cleaning with water instead, if cleared up with a week. :)

Read more
TapFluencer

Just continue cleaning your newborn face. Sometimes have to wait for the acne to just disappear, should be in a month time. This is caused by mommy's hormones in baby blood.

TapFluencer

Yup, it’s normal. Gently clean with boiled warm water daily, it’ll go off after a few days or weeks.

VIP Member

Yes! My boy has it too. But Physiogel A.I (tube) works wonder. It cure within 3-4 days

VIP Member

Just keep your LO clean by wiping with wet towel. It’s normal, my LO has it too

You can try sebamed face cream , my baby acne heal the next day very goood

PD say can use breast milk. I apply 3days n it better now

Is it those white spots? It will be away when times goes by

Same! But only use warm water and wipe. Put lotion.