Motherhood is so lonely

Mother seems to be forgotten the moment baby is out. Even I have forgotten to care of myself.. I am the first to wake up (do chores, prepare to wfh, take care of my baby etc), last to eat, last to shower, last to sleep. Nobody asks if I am okay, nobody ask if I need help. Not my in law, not my husband. Everyone thinks mother should be doing all of this. When baby cries, the first they call for is the mother, me. Motherhood is lonely, especially when I’m not staying with my parents. When my husband and I quarrel, he is able to go to the living room and continue chat happily with his family, while I’m staying alone in the room feeling sad, crying...and still have to take care of baby. I’m tired...lonely...I love my baby and I have forgotten how to love myself.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm 27 weeks pregnancy... Somehow I can feel u.. I wanted my mom to take care of my confinement. But my partner and his mother say that is better to do confinement at his place cause the baby will not get use to it if we are going back after the confinement. They say best is to do at his place so that baby will get familiar. They dont mind if my mom want to come over. (What are they thinking? My mom helping me with my confinement and she have to travel here and there...) I also wish that my mom will help me. Im worry that I might have to do all these alone. My advice is, u can talk to Ur husband is it possible that in their free time can help u take care the baby for awhile so that u can have some rest (or nap) . Talk to him how u feel and how u wish it will be done. I believe he would understand And after the cb ended.. able for visiting, go bank home with Ur baby visit Ur parents or u can ask them over. For now... If u need a listening ear, call Ur mom or vc her.

Read more

Dear mum, totally relate to how you feel and I’m sorry that you feel this way. You are right that everyone just assumes the mum is automatically the core care giver to baby and home as well. Please speak to your husband and discuss how both of you can manage the duties jointly. Parenthood is a joint responsibility and it’s unfortunate that even at this day and age - women are still carrying the bulk of the responsibilities and end up putting themselves as the last priority. Just because nobody will ever ask us how we are coping, I’d suggest you schedule some “me time” for yourself. Stay strong and love yourself! Remember only when you are in good condition can you give the best to your baby! Take care and I wish you the best.

Read more
VIP Member

I feel so angry. I can understand if your in laws don’t help you out. After all, you are not their daughter and they don’t feel the heartache when you suffer. But your husband should help you out. Marriage is 100% each from both parties. Can you talk to him about this and how you feel? Men are so dense sometimes and they can’t read minds. Don’t bottle it up and suffer in silence. Please take care of yourself too. Or is there a way for you to stay with your parents for a while so that they can help to take care of your baby while you can rest?

Read more
VIP Member

Find some time, leave the baby to someone you can trust in the weekend and do something for yourself. Chatting with friends and siblings, go for facial saloon or spa, jogging are some good examples. I like exercise and sweating, it gives me positive energy. These will make your husband appreciate you more too. Remind him that he is not ATM machine or credit card or sperm donor (not during quarreling time in a joking way)

Read more

You need a break. Ask your husband to help. Even a domestic helper also has a day off. You may consider to bring your baby to visit your parents, which you can take a break over there, or bring your baby out for a stroll. 🌈

Super Mum

I’m just wondering, if u leave your baby with your hubby in the room, will he ignore your baby or will take care? Try to be the first one to walk out of the room and see what happens?

Stand up for yourself. Talk to your husband and make him understand your position. Kid belongs to 2 people. He has the responsibility not to dump everything on you.

Motherhood is part of parenthood, so is fatherhood Plus you're not SAHM , you're working just like your hubby , so you need to get this into his mind

TapFluencer

Hang in there!