Any mommies here with 2 or 3 boys ? I have 2 boys n I don't intend to have a 3rd child but I'm so sick with those insensitive comments like "huh? No girls ah? Try for 3rd one lah , maybe will get a girl?".. "Wah seh! 2boys ! Must be tough for u !".. "girls are more fillial, should try for a girl." ... " girls are easier to manage than boys .." .. "huh? No girls to go shopping or high tea with next time ." Blah blah blah .. I admit that when I was conceiving my #2, I did hope for a girl but after having my second boy , I find him v cute n like it too n feel that it is okie not to have a girl but I often get such insensitive n irritating comments that I feel v irritated ! Yes, I can choose to ignore but hearing it day after day is really making me frustrated !

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm a proud Mommy of 2 awesome boys! Usually for those insensitive comments, I'll "retaliate" by talking more loudly and more drama than these people. I'll agree with them first and then throw my question back to them,"Ya, I agree with you! That's why I've been trying for the past 10 years!! But don't have leh. How ah?" These people will be slightly taken aback to my reply and for a moment will not know what to say next. Lol. Most Mommies will just try to answer politely to end this topic with standard replies and afterwards, feel a little bit sad that we do not have a daughter. But what can we do? We cannot do anything except maybe to try for a 3rd, 4th child until we get a girl.. Nah. I not going to keep trying for a girl when it's always going to be a 50/50 outcome. I'm contented with loving my 2 boys and their love for me is enough already. I believe a son's love for his Mother will not be any lesser as compared to a daughter's. Personally, I feel son or daughter doesn't really matter, as long as they're healthy and happy. 😊

Read more
VIP Member

HELLO! I have two boys. and currently pregnant with 3rd boy. People always asked wah. trying for girl ah? i will just smile becos i didn't purposely try for a girl (after all u cannot choose!) I will just answer them nicely, ok i'm blessed with boys to protect me! yes girls are more fillal. But i would have to worry more once they get older, their safety, their modesty and so once I will enjoy my own Me and shopping time when my boys gets older! they can stay home with daddy to nua while i shop till i drop! look on the bright side!

Read more

Those are real stupid comments. You should stay away from such people. Ask yourself if you have the energy and means to have another child? People always talk like very easy because they are not the one who has to carry that baby in the womb for the next 9 months. And do you even want to go through another round of childbirth again? Just be happy with what you have. Unless you are ready to have another one, I suggest to stop at where you are now.

Read more

Hi! I have 6 boys! Married for 10 years And i just dont bother about those comments as i become older, ironically all those unnecessary comments comes from close family more than friends and its actually toxic, so do whatever that is good for your soul, ppl around us dont dictate our lives nor contribute to it and usually i will just rant it out with my spouse just to let it out. Take care mummy!

Read more

It is a cycle. When u get married, pple ask when r u going to have kids. After 2 years no kids, they ask if u have problems n start giving u unsolicited advice. When u have num 1,they ask when num 2. Basically everything u do, u get questioned. 😅 Nxt time if pple ask y no girl, juz say the father sperm no girl genes. Coz sperm determine gender! Hang in there mama!

Read more

Me too! Currently expecting no 2. Is also a boy. Everyone told me, 2nd one girl can close factory already😂 but my second one is boy again.. but who cares . They are all my kids.. boy or girl, they are still adorable.. who knows next time is boy the one who is more close to the mummy than girls.. hahahah

Read more

If you think you cant handle another one then just dont. I have 2 boys and very active. Tbh, doesnt matter if boy or girl, my cousin has a girl and very active too. Dont listen to other people, they arent the one who is gonna feed your family or take care of the baby

VIP Member

Don't have/not have a child because of what others say, everyone judges and it's never gonna end. If you want another child, try for one. If not, just leave it at that - don't have another child because someone else says you should.

I personally find that far very insensitive comment. Usually when someone says that I'll say, I can try for another one but if it's a boy again i give you okay? They usually just laugh.

VIP Member

I have a girl but acted like a boy... 🤦🏻‍♀️ where got easy? she behave and acted like a boy would, very very hard to manage. Nevertheless... ignore those comments